Insane-WoW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Make Love, Not Warcraft. InsaneWoW Gaming Community!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Mage PvP Guide / Tips

Go down 
+4
Addicted
Dommoth
foufos
Top 10
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Top 10

Top 10

Mage PvP Guide / Tips Empty
PostSubject: Mage PvP Guide / Tips   Mage PvP Guide / Tips I_icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2014 11:25 am

1.What Race To Choose ?

-Horde

Troll Berserking & Da Voodoo Shuffle

Undead Will of the Forsaken

Blood Elf Arcane Torrent

-Aliance

Human Perception

Gnome Escape Artist & Expansive Mind

Draenei Heroic Presence & Gift of the Naaru

2.Sockets

PVP- (meta) 14 spell damage 2% intelect and 13 spell preparation
Pve- (meta) 14 spell damage 2% intelect and 10 spell haste

Profession's

Iron Grenade
Rocket Boots Xtreme Lite
Gyrofreeze Ice Reflector
Gnomish Poultryizer
Gnomish Net-o-Matic Projector

Macros

IB (removes ice block aura..)
/stopcasting
/cancelaura Ice Block
/cast Ice Bloc(removes ice block aura, if you have to interact fast...)

Water Elemental
/cast Water Elemental
/petpassive

PoM Pyro
/cast Arcane Power
/cast Presence of Mind
/cast Pyroblast(Rank 10)

Summoning Water Elemental and using Pet nova right after. That's indispensable for a frost mage.
#showtooltip Summon Water Elemental
/cast [nopet] Summon Water Elemental
/click PetActionButton5

Mouseover decurse

It decurse your party members with moving the mouse over them.

/cast [target=mouseover,exists] Remove Lesser Curse
/cast [target=player] Remove Lesser Curse
(If you don't mouseover a friendly player, it will decurse yourself)

Trinket + CS
/use (trinket name here^^)
/cast Counterspell

Polymorph
/stopcasting
/cast Polymorph

Duel's and pvp

Versus a Mage

First situation. Be sure u are buffed with FireB, Ice barrier and Mana shield. Start by casting Polymorph then slow him.. Cast Fire ball then schorch u have to make him to waste IB. Then spam pollymorph.. When he cs you use ur IB macro to remove it :)then slow, CS, Frostbolt, ur PoM pyro macro and thats it Smile

Secoud situation. So againe start with casting Polymorph, when he waste him's CS, he will cast frostbolt in 90% situations. Use IB and quickly remove it with the cancel aura macro then silence him on his cast. When u do that he got cd on hims IB then nuke just him Smile

Versus a Rogue

Be sure u are buffed with Fire armor, Ice Barrier and Mana shield. So when he enters in Stealth try to find him by casting blizzards over area. If you get the opening, the duel is basically yours after he wastes his cos or vanish, If he gets opening garroting you you have to use IB to remove it Razz, if he start with cheap cast blink cause if hims Crippling apply on you it will be hard to escape.. So all what u have to do after it just slow and move over area so when he waste hims SS he wont be able to kidney you, on Blind waste your Trinket.. Use blizzard to maximize slow.. (be sure u can click on blizzards in every moment (Bind or something)) Cause when he waste vanish just spam it.. And thats it.

Versus A Warrior

Versus warrior is most easy to play.. Be sure u have ice armor on you. So don't let him charge that means spam blizzards.. when he enter in combat and gain rage try to poly him.. If u poly him duel is your's, if he intercept on you just blink and poly him then u got him.. just don't let him come close to you.. Use slow and blizzards..

Versus Hunter

Hunter's are to much op here.. So 1st what u have to do is kill pet.. I suggest to follow him and cast AOE + u can combinate fire blast ( on pet of course). So when u kill pet u have to poly him so combinate Dragon's Breath to get nice combo. If he cast Scatter Shot use Treinket.. If he cast Wyvern String waste your forsaken (if u are undead).. When he silence you use your IB macro to remove it Smile

Versus Warlock

So start with casting Polymorph, when he waste hims Death Coil remove it with ur IB macro then poly him 1 more time then basicly duel is yours.. Just use all your power ups and cast Frostbolt PoM pyro macro CS and keep casting frostbolt.. Trinket use on fear.. Waste blink when he cast shadowfury. And that's it..

Versus a paladin

Versus melee and spell pala u can use same tactic.. Be sure u have Frost armor.. Start with polymorph slow him.. And hit with Frostbolts don't waste any spellpowers.. Use dragon's breath  to make combo, also combinate Blizzards for slow CS use only when he healing or after than he wastes his divine shield..
so when he waste it u have to poly him. Then just spam Frostbolt with all powerups. On 60% of his hp cast CS  so cast 1 more Frostbolt and use your PoM Pyro macro and that's it Smile. When he stuns you remove it by using blink.. When he cast Repentance remove it with Trinket..  

Versus a Shaman

An elemental one-is easy. If you catch him on ele cast, just nuke him up. Same goes with a enh. one, stay away cuz of the WF proc's, fake cast when he doesnt have a cd on earth shock, trink / ib frost shocks on u, use Frost Ward for them.

Versus a Druid

Versus spell one Just slow him, CS wast all your's powerups and nuke him :)use Dragons's Breath to make combo Smile
Versus melee one just get away from him CS and Nuke.. U will get away by spamming blizzards..
Remove Cylcone with IB and trinket Smile

Versus a Priest

Versus Priest is really easy to paly.. all what u have to do is to slow him.. then poly if he use trinket polly 1 more time IB macro to remove silence and dot's.. Use all your powerups and nuke him (combinate with CS and Dragons Breath)
Use trinket only on Fear Smile

So that's it i hope you will like it Smile
Back to top Go down
foufos

PostSubject: Re: Mage PvP Guide / Tips   Mage PvP Guide / Tips I_icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2014 12:39 pm

Really good tip. keep it up!
Back to top Go down
Dommoth

Dommoth

PostSubject: Re: Mage PvP Guide / Tips   Mage PvP Guide / Tips I_icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2014 12:40 pm

Very useful topic for beginners. Smile
Back to top Go down
Addicted

Addicted

PostSubject: Re: Mage PvP Guide / Tips   Mage PvP Guide / Tips I_icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2014 1:39 pm

Good job!
Back to top Go down
Top 10

Top 10

PostSubject: Re: Mage PvP Guide / Tips   Mage PvP Guide / Tips I_icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2014 1:49 pm

Ty guys Smile
Back to top Go down
OnyxBruh

PostSubject: Re: Mage PvP Guide / Tips   Mage PvP Guide / Tips I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2014 9:06 am

Really useful, Using them now and wooping butt. Thanks man.
Back to top Go down
Lunatic

Lunatic

PostSubject: Re: Mage PvP Guide / Tips   Mage PvP Guide / Tips I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2014 5:21 pm

Easy for begginers who don't know that meta sock here means too much.
Back to top Go down
Top 10

Top 10

PostSubject: Re: Mage PvP Guide / Tips   Mage PvP Guide / Tips I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2014 9:45 am

Back to top Go down
Lixidos

Lixidos

PostSubject: Re: Mage PvP Guide / Tips   Mage PvP Guide / Tips I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2014 1:05 pm

Everythink is good there's just alot of shitases that use Free action(the immune stun potion) well how u gonna play if rogue use that stupid think.. also the Dust(sleep)
Back to top Go down
Privacy

Privacy

PostSubject: Re: Mage PvP Guide / Tips   Mage PvP Guide / Tips I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2014 11:03 am

This is not useful in our server tho. Mages here are simple as hell!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mage PvP Guide / Tips   Mage PvP Guide / Tips I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mage PvP Guide / Tips
Page 1 of 1